Put science back on track
- The VAWO aims at:
- High quality of academic research and teaching
- Adequate government funding of science
- Science steered by scientists instead of managers
- HRM policies that do justice to science and scientists
- Reduction of the number of fixed-term contracts
- Reduction of excessive workload
- Favourable primary and fringe benefits
22 september 2015 - Research shows that chances to obtain funding for research by The Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO) are significantly lower for female scientists. The research by two social-psychologists was asked for [...]
Column Giorgio Touburg
This column will change your life!
In the USA, the phrase “fake news” is a topic of much debate. Many commentators blame websites like Breitbart for Trump’s victory. Breitbart’s headlines include gems such as “Birth Control Makes Women Unattractive and Crazy” and “Gay Rights Have Made Us Dumber”. However, the same mainstream media that criticise fake news are part of the problem themselves. You see, they are subject to the same institutional logic that makes fake news so influential. If it bleeds, it leads, which is to say that if a headline is sensational enough, people will click it. Read more..